Reading Time: 2 mins 20 sec
In this article, we can discuss an introduction to Google Analytics 4.
Google Analytics 4 or GA4 is the updated version of its previous version Google Analytics Universal which works on Next-Generation Data Analysis (Data Analysis) and it is easier to understand the Complex Data of business-related websites and Cross-Platform Data Analytics Support. provides.
Cross Platform means that now the data analytics of a website or mobile app (Android or IOS) can be seen and understood in one place.
Any Individual or Institution who runs their online business, be it through a website or through a mobile app, must know about Google Analytics, through this how many visits were made to your website at a given time, which pages or products People are liking, or which item is being bought by most people, etc. provides many types of analysis.
What is Google Analytics 4? How is it different from Google Analytics Universal? Any such question is in your mind or do you want to know how to set up GA4 Property on your website? So I would definitely tell you to read this article completely.
Introduction to Google Analytics 4
Google has announced that from July 01, 2023, Google Analytics Universal, which is the current version of Google Analytics, will stop showing new data and everyone will have to shift to its new upgraded version GA4, also through email by Google. Notice is hereby given, a copy of which is as under:-
Google says that this is a highly modified version of the old analytics, which is based on Next Generation Data Analytics, although the previous version was based on page views, clicks, and sessions, it will be based on user properties, events, and parameters, which is cross-platform. will provide the facility of
Difference between GA4 and Formal Google Analytics
1. User interaction is tracked through page views and sessions.
2. User data is tracked only on the website.
1. User interaction is tracked through different events.
2. GA4 is based on cross-platform technology for tracking both website and app.
How to set up GA4 Property for a website and app?
It is very easy to setup GA4 Property for your website or app, which can be done through very easy steps, let us know –
- First of all, you have to log in to your Google Analytics account with your Gmail ID.
- Now you will find the option of admin in the left and sidebar menu, click on it.
- Options are available in this where you can click on New Account to create GA4 property for a new website/app or if you already have a website, you can set up GA4 property by clicking on New Property.
- To create a new account, click on New Account, enter the account name and click on the Next button.
- Now you will get the option to enter the property details, in which you have to enter the property name, time zone, and currency of your new account.
- Now you will get the option to enter the details of your business, where you will have to click on the create button by filling in the details like business category, size, etc.
- After this, the details of your website or app will be asked in front of you, and you will have to fill in the details of your website.
- Now your GA4 account has been created, after which you will get the option of Google Site Tag and Google Tag Manager to connect GA4 to your existing website, using either of the two, you can convert your website to GA4 or Google Analytics 4. Can connect to the account.
- First of all, you have to copy the google site tag code.
- And paste it by going to the Head section of your website.
- Now your account is connected to the new GA4 Property and you can easily track live traffic or user interaction on your website.
- Top 65 Technical SEO Interview Questions And Answers
- Does Bold Text Help SEO
- How To Create The Perfect H1 Tag For SEO
- Google Announces Five Changes Coming To Mobile Search
- Benefits Of Using Semrush
How do I use Google Analytics 4 for beginners?
New GA4 property creation.
Make a stream of data.
Measurement ID should be copied.
Publish a tag for Google Analytics 4 configuration.
Place the Measurement ID where indicated and choose “Fire Tag on All Pages.”
Check out and test the new tag.
What are the 4 main types of data Analytics?
The four types of data analysis are:
What are the 4 types of data scope in Google Analytics?
There are four levels of scope:
Is Google Analytics 4 free?